Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day

Today was our first day of homeschooling, and it went very well. In fact, it went very quickly--maybe too quickly for Nate's liking. I hadn't planned too much since I wanted to ease into the new routine, but even what I had planned didn't take as long as I thought it would. Nate ended up doing two lessons from his math book (Singapore Math 1A--now we're up to Lesson 5), the first lesson in the English/grammar book (Shurley English Year 1), read one chapter from the fiction book he's reading (Boxcar Children), and completed one worksheet I created on vowels and consonants (shown below--feel free to use it). Tomorrow I'm also adding a couple of things from other subjects (we are going to make a flower/leaf press for science; begin talking about liberty and freedom before doing some U.S. history; and start learning about the instrument groups in the orchestra for music). Yay for an easy start!

No comments:

Post a Comment